Monday, January 16, 2012

not going to see "the vow", books, etc.

I am just throwing it out there, but the movie "The Vow" that is coming out soon and getting a ton of hype... looks nauseating to me. Let's be honest. I love Rachel McAdams and usually her presence alone gets me to the theater. However, her male counterpart in the film, Channing Tatum does exact opposite for me, unless it is one of the Step Up's in which case I will (shamefully) oblige. You need more than a pretty face to be a leading man, and he does not have that. He does not act well. He even freely admitted that this week in an interview. Anyway, he does have a nice face and good for him that the world is shallow and they don't care if he stutters over every line, my real guff is really just that this movie looks gross to me. The first time I watched the preview I literally almost cried because of how sad the story looks. Real tears were on the brink of coming out of my eyes. Then I kept watching and got annoyed with the whole rest of the trailer. Since today I have been so sedentary and am pretending that I am not in college, and don't have a job (because I can do that for another 12 hours when fun but busy reality will again set in) I decided to rant about this on my blog.

Another few things that I want to point out. Reading books is the best. Today I have finished one and read half of another and it has been so incredibly pleasurable. I highly recommend Mindy Kaling's book "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns" as well as "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" -not by Mindy. While reading Mindy's book, I was literally laughing out loud on almost every page. This, much like Tina Fey's "Bossypants" which I read earlier this year, only made me one step closer to feeling like celebrities are really my friends, and I know them on a personal basis.


Examples of this: 

-While I am reading I forget that I can't text Mindy and say "Hey Minz want to meet up for some sushi this Monday?
I am craving it so bad!" 

-I truly missed Leslie, Ben, Ron Swanson, Tom Haverford, & Donna over Christmas break and Liz, Jack, Kenneth, Tracy, Grizz and Dot Com over the last nine months. (Not Jenna. She's horrible! Frenemy.)

-When I watch SNL I feel like I can say "Oh Andy! That is so you!" 

-I said out loud to Jacob yesterday: "I miss Stefon."

Am I pathetic? Don't answer that. I like to think I just suspend myself in disbelief really well. Jacob and I are both quite happy to plop ourselves on the couch after a long day at school slash work and chat between commercials of our favorite TV shows. It is therapeutic to put aside real-life worries and instead stress about when Ben & Leslie are gonna cut the crap and make up already! Spoiler alert: They did. (Hooray!)

0 tuppence: