Monday, June 13, 2011

small miracles and bountiful baskets.

I love Bountiful Baskets, (a local produce co-op!) but I don't order them very often because I never end up using all of the fruits and veggies, a lot of times because I don't know how to cook them correctly, or because I am just too busy to prepare food, and there are only two of us, etc. I decided to order one last week and I was supposed to go pick it up at 7:30 on the dot Saturday morning. I always wake up before that but I was paranoid about setting my alarm because you only have 20 minutes to get your basket before they donate it! Very small window. I was also just too excited to see what we'd get. So I set two alarms on my phone and put it right by my head when I went to sleep. I woke up Saturday morning and realized it was light but my alarm had not gone off. I reached around for my phone and couldn't find it! I was freaking out. I got up and looked for it and low and behold- on the floor in three pieces, the battery was on the other side of the room! I was thinking "nonononono!" I ran to find out what time it was and hallelujah, I had woken up at exactly ten minutes til I needed to be there. I got in the car and started thinking about the little miracles that I see in my life every day. I am so grateful to the Lord for little blessings like those. I got my basket and now I am as of this moment savoring a juicy juicy peach! here is a list of what we got:

Apples
Bananas
Nectarines
Peaches
Pears
Onions
Artichokes
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
Romaine Lettuce
Spinach
Tomatoes
and a bunch of different Peppers


IMG_1750

ABUNDANCE!

IMG_1753

Also, we are kittysitting and it turns out that Margot LOVES lettuce.

This time I am determined to eat all of this, and hopefully reap health benefits from so many fruits and veggies, save money since I won't need to buy much else this week on groceries, and also learn how to cook a few new things! I need ideas, so if you have any suggestions or recipes please share!

Love the idea of this pear pistachio tartlet.

Happy Monday!

2 tuppence:

jessandbryce said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that looks so so amazing!!!!! how much did it cost Sar? how do you do it? don't you love tender mercies like that? love you girl.

Candice and Trevor Nerdin said...

I love bountiful baskets!!! they are the best!!!