Sunday, June 5, 2011

ono food.

ono: delicious, delightful

this is a 'to eat' list if you happen to find yourself on oahu. my favorite thing about a vacation is trying new dishes and restaurants that i can't get at home, it's not my fault my parents raised me to be a food snob. they are too good at cooking.

like the sign, i highly recommend the chocolate haupia pie. grind it!

IMG_1679

had to post this picture. i am totally creepin on the pineapple soft serve! too good to even see straight. dole plantation.

IMG_1687

jewel or juice! the best acai bowl on the island! oh my stars and stripes, they really were the best. we kept going back.

IMG_1655

IMG_1608

the rainbow drive-in was a pleasant surprise. we kind of didn't know where to go in the area but we saw a car that had a bumper sticker that said "got loco moco? rainbow drive-in." so we decided it must be good and we had seen it a few blocks back. the loco moco was surprisingly ono.

IMG_1607

hukilau cafe, a classic, must-visit in laie. i love it but i totes ordered the wrong side dishes. still the best french toast err.

IMG_1535

so melona bars are phenom. they are like creamies, but melon flavored! i ate a boatload of them and i am considering having some shipped to me packed in ice.

IMG_1609


IMG_1532

BEST BEST BEST THAI FOOD! all caps cause you have to go there. it is incredible.

-1

ok so i know this picture is bad quality but these fluffy macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup were too good to be true! i had heard from a friend that i should have gotten the macnut french toast at hukilau but it was too late, so i made up for it by getting this the next day. i didn't have my camera so i whipped out my cell phone to remember it by. eggs n' things.

IMG_1530

matsumoto's shave ice. ok i got ice cream and beans in the bottom. who would have thought those would go together? they do. they are delish together.

IMG_1526

aoki's, also excellent shave ice.

2 tuppence:

Desiree Messam said...

I love that lady creepin at the thai restaurant hahaha

Johanna said...

I've been to all of those! But I have to say the best shave ice is at Waiola's.